1. If you lick a fossil, it will stick to your tongue; if you lick a regular rock, you get a mouthful of dirt.
2. All birds are descended from dinosaurs. And, if I understand it right, all dinosaurs are descended from one genus of dinosaur that managed to survive the great die off at the end of the Triassic. Checking with wikipedia, I probably don't understand this right.
3. You, your cat, and every other mammal pretty much has the same hip structure as a dinosaur. But you are not related to dinosaurs. This is called a conjunction. It's when unrelated species have similar features for the same reason.
4. Dinosaurs are not lizards. Repeat, dinosaurs are not lizards.
5. Pterodactyls were not dinosaurs.
6. I can still sleep on the ground for weeks at a time.
7. KQAY in Tucumcari, NM is a kick ass radio station. Where else would you hear Elvis followed by Prince followed by Patsy Cline?
8. There is a young cowboy in Quay county who has a BA from Harvard and an MPhil from Trinity College, Dublin. He's starting a PhD in history as I write this. His brother is at Hillsdale. The latter reports that the libertarians and the fundamentalists still can't get along there.
9. Cooking over an open fire is more fun than cooking over a gas grill, but the clean up sucks in comparison.
10. The 40 dollar boots I bought at K-Mart in Tucumcari have held up a lot better than my Merrils which I owned about a year.